Multicam’s 2000 Series Laser machine is a versatile platform for full sheet cutting. The machine is available with 100, 200 or 400 WATT lasers.The 2000 Series flying optic system is fully collimated for uniform beam quality in the near and far field. The 2000 Series machine can raster engrave as well as cut out various materials. The welded, stress relieved all-steel frame insures rigidity and structural integrity under the most demanding conditions. Drive systems are a combination of servo driven helical rack & pinion (dual x-axis and single y-axis) and stepper driven screw (z-axis).
2000 Series Laser Standard Features:
No machine offers more standard features than the MultiCam.
- Welded steel frame construction insuring rigidity and structural integrity.
- The gantry is made from a custom lightweight aluminum extrusion. A gantry clearance of 1.1875” (30mm) is standard.
- The drive system will be a stepper driven screw (z-axis). Slew speeds of 2400”/min (0.2 M/sec) with 1/2 g (200 “/sec2 or 61 M/sec2) acceleration are expected with a maximum cut speed of 1200”/min (0.5 M/sec) at a +/- 0.001” (0.03mm) repeatability. Raster speeds up to 1800”/min (0.15 M/sec) using up to 256 gray scale with up to a 1200 DPI resolution.
- The linear guides for the x and y-axis are a high-speed track roller guidance system from Star. The z-axis uses a linear ball bearing rail, also from Star.
- Synrad is the major laser supplier.
- The power ranges are 400 watts (water cooled), 200 watts (water cooled), and 100 watts (air cooled).
- Chillers from Koolant Koolers are included.
- The flying optics system is provided by Laser Mechanisms. The optical focal lengths available are 2.5” (63.5mm), 5” (127mm). The standard option is 5”. Each system will include a red laser diode pointer to aid in the setup of the optics and for material alignment. A beam collimator is used to insure a consistent beam diameter thru the full range of motion. With the optional capacitive height sensing the z-axis will react to material height changes on the fly while cutting. This system will work with conductive materials only. With the addition of the optional shoe, non-conductive materials can be cut with this capacitive surface-sensing device.
- Handheld keypad interface allows operator to set job parameters, jog the machine, perform system tests and download jobs from a remote computer system
- Standard shape library with automatic array.
- Ethernet and serial communications interface are available to the host computer system
- Productivity Software Suite is included
- Bar-code scanning interface and 2D and 3D digitizing are available options